As we reflect on the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday and Day of Service, some of you shared your thoughts on King’s early perspective on education and if education in 2022 is fulfilling its purpose.
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat Tennessee
Sign up for our newsletter.
African Americans make up just 9% of the STEM workforce. It’s up to teachers like me to help change that.
I am an engineer turned educator, and I’m on a mission.
Not getting into it: How critical race theory laws are cutting short classroom conversations about racism
New laws are influencing the small but pivotal decisions educators make every day.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.
Find your next education job.
- Poudre School District: Integrated Services Director (Poudre School District)
- Poudre School District: Chief Human Resources Office (Poudre School District)
- Englewood Public Schools: Affective Needs Teacher
- Aurora Public Schools: Executive Director of Student Success
- College Track: Operations Manager
Connect with your community
Find upcoming Tennessee events
In the aftermath of a tragedy, the politics of mourning can be complicated for Black children as their grief traditions clash with a litany of rules.
One unit glorifies an era of slavery, and one in which Cherokee people were violently forced from their homelands.