I’ve been religiously checking every day and the NYC DOE just posted gifted and talented testing dates and information sessions for this year.
I’ll be attending a couple of the sessions to evaluate the format and gauge interest in this program. I’ll post my evaluations of these meetings and I invite you to do the same.
Here’s a brief summary of the upcoming dates, taken from the DOE’s site:
For GIFTED AND TALENTED APPLICANTS who were BORN in 2005, 2004, 2003 & 2002,
i.e. for K, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd grade placement in the 2010 – 2011 school year.
The deadline to submit a Request for Testing (RFT) form to test your child for a Gifted & Talented Program is FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 6, 2009.
January 4 – February 26, 2010
OLSAT/BSRA testing at school sites for public school students
January 9, 10, 23, 24, 30 & 31 and February 6 & 7, 2010
OLSAT/BSRA testing at selected sites for non-public school children
October 14 to October 22 – Families are invited to attend an information session about NYC public school Gifted and Talented programs. All sessions will be held from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
- Bronx –Roosevelt Campus, 500 East Fordham Road, Bronx, NY 10458 – Oct. 14 6:30pm
- Brooklyn- MS 113, 300 Adelphi Street, Brooklyn, NY 11205 – Oct. 19 6:30pm
- Staten Island –New Dorp, 465 New Dorp Lane, Staten Island, NY 10306 – Oct. 20 6:30pm
- Queens – Long Island City HS, 14-30 Broadway, Queens, NY 11106 – Oct. 21 6:30pm
- Manhattan – Brandeis, 145 West 84 Street, Manhattan, NY 10024 – Oct. 22 6:30pm
Additional details and information are posted on the NYC DOE site.