Disclosure: Chalkbeat receives support from the Emerson Collective, which launched XQ.
Correction: July 21, 2016: A previous version of this story incorrectly attributed Justin Jamerson’s quotes to another source. This version includes the correct attribution.
Next Up In Politics & Policy
- from Chalkbeat Colorado Denver school closure committee seeks applicants — and not ‘the usual suspects’
- from Chalkbeat Colorado How Colorado could get more students to complete FAFSA
- Tennessee lawmakers advance school voucher bill targeting remote education
- Tennessee bill would extend school vouchers to parents upset over mask mandates, virtual learning
- from Chalkbeat Indiana ‘Whitewashing history’: Indiana teachers fear anti-CRT bill threatens lessons
- from Chalkbeat Colorado Colorado’s 2022 legislative session: A look at the first education bills
Sign up for the newsletter Chalkbeat Tennessee
Sign up for our newsletter.
The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily reality
Chalkbeat is a nonprofit newsroom dedicated to providing the information families and educators need, but this kind of work isn't possible without your help.